Catch the Keys Productions believes in creating safe(r) spaces where artistic risk flourishes. We commit to creating and upholding an open, supportive, receptive, and collaborative experience.
The work we engage in is empowering, provocative, and impactful. This work may explore dark, joyful, painful, and/or playful subject matter. We honour the vulnerability of the artistic process, and commit to sustaining a safe(r) space by:
- being mindful that our community resides on Treaty Six land, and that we are all Treaty people;
- embracing all forms of diversity;
- creating a respectful, safe environment free from harassment, violence, discrimination, bullying, abuse, and solicitation;
- ensuring all collaborators and/or community members are treated with respect and dignity;
- providing opportunities for everyone to contribute to and participate in the creative process whenever possible and appropriate;
- giving individuals and groups who are speaking or performing focus and respect;
- assuming positive intent from others, but listening and learning when the impact of our actions may not match our intent;
- respecting physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual boundaries;
- using inclusive language, and listening and learning when language used may have been exclusive;
- engaging in ongoing conversations about how to make our spaces more inclusive;
- calling in and/or putting an immediate stop to activities or behaviors that discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, place of origin, gender, age, marital status, religious beliefs, citizenship, mental and physical abilities, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited grounds within the Alberta Human Rights Act.
If at any point during the artistic process you do not feel supported, you are invited to contact the core creative team with your concerns:
- Megan Dart, co-Artistic Producer
email@example.com or 780-994-7113 (text and/or phone call)
- Beth Dart, co-Artistic Producer
firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-965-8598 (text and/or phone call)
If you do not feel comfortable contacting the core team, you may:
Catch the Keys Productions commits to taking immediate and appropriate action, reporting and following up with any incident of harassment, violence, discrimination, bullying, or abuse that is witnessed, disclosed, or reported. Every report will be followed up in a timely manner.