from the creators of Dead Centre of Town
Catch the Keys Productions presents
an interactive nightmare experienced from the discomfort of your own home
October 21 – 31, 2020
TICKETS NOW ON SALE!
Welcome to the Curio Shoppe. Purveyors of the odd and unwanted. Take what you need, leave behind what you don’t, but remember: everything comes with a price. Choose an object, unlock a story, haunt your own house.
Brought to you by the creative crackpots behind the annual immersive Halloween experience Dead Centre of Town, Curio Shoppe is an interactive nightmare inspired by true history and experienced from the discomfort of your own home.
To take part in this experience, you will need:
- A reliable internet connection and digital device (we strongly recommend a laptop or desktop over a phone or iPad);
- Access to a reliable browser (we very strongly recommend using up to date versions of Chrome or Firefox);
- An active cell phone number* you will have access to on the night of the event that receives phone calls and text messages;
- A willing sense of adventure and suspended disbelief; and
- A valid mailing address* you will have access to in the days following the event.
*contact information provided will be used by Fort Edmonton Park and Catch the Keys Productions for the purposes of this performance only.
WARNING: if you’re uneased by the unknown, petrified by the paranormal, or easily convinced the call is coming from within your own home, perhaps this thrilling romp isn’t for you…. This experience is intended for audiences 14 years of age or older.
Questions? We have answers! Have a question that’s not answered below? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I want to experience Curio Shoppe with my significant other/housemate/podmate. Do we all need separate tickets?
You will require one ticket per screen. If you’re taking in the experience with someone else in your house or pod, we recommend using a laptop or PC, not a phone or iPad. That way, everyone can see, hear, and participate. In fact, we recommend a laptop or PC regardless or whether you’re alone or with someone else! If you want a truly personalized experience, then we recommend one ticket per person per screen, and setting yourself up in a separate room.
Why do you need my phone number, email address, and mailing address?
In a normal year, this experience would be highly interactive and immersive. Because we can’t gather with you live, in real life, we’ve decided to innovate that experience by using technologies available to us from a safe distance. You might receive a phone call, a text message, an email, or a bit of snail mail. Don’t worry: we will protect your information. We take the protection of that information very seriously. Your contact information will be used by Fort Edmonton Park and Catch the Keys Productions for the purposes of this performance only.
Why is this show rated 14A?
Curio Shoppe is intended for audiences aged 14 years and older, though we strongly recommend parental guidance for folks under 17. Curio Shoppe deals with themes of violence, gendered violence, gore, serial murder, the supernatural, foul language – if we could dream it up, we packed it into this production.
How do I access the experience?
To begin your experience, you will be emailed a link and unique password between 5pm and 6:45pm on the day of the performance. Your link and password is unique to you and cannot be shared with other parties. Your password will only work once, so please guard it carefully! We strongly (really, very strongly) recommend using Chrome or Firefox for the experience.
How do I make the most of this experience?
Tips on making the most of your experience:
- Login using the provided link and password at least 5 minutes before your scheduled showtime;
- We strongly recommend you use a laptop or desktop computer rather than a phone or iPad. Watch from one device only – your password will only work once;
- We strongly (really, very strongly) recommend using up to date versions of Chrome or Firefox (other or older browsers won’t respond as well);
- Turn down the lights;
- Settle into a comfortable chair;
- If you’re watching alone, use headphones if you have them. If you’re watching with your house or pod-mates, connect to external speakers if you have them. Turn up the volume so everyone can hear; and
- Keep your cell phone nearby with the ringer turned up. You will need your phone for the experience.
Help! I’ve run into technical difficulties.
Email email@example.com and we’ll sort you out!